Sunday, February 5, 2012

從一張照片想起… Memories from a Photo…

【Behind the Image】
On Dec 21, 2011, I had a mountain hike and arrived Our Lady of Joy Abbey on Lantao Island in Hong Kong.  At the entrance was a long bridge with dense of plants growth.  The ground was marked with "1960" .  It was already more than 50 years. 
After some while, I have a feeling that the photo looked familiar.   I discoverd that I have another old photo taken here.

【照片背後】
2011年12月21日進入大嶼山神樂院的入口,這是一道長橋!周圍已是綠樹婆娑,橋上的地面刻有「1960」的字樣,算來已有50多年了。事後翻看這照片,似曾相識。啊!原來有張舊照片,在這裡拍攝的


This photo was taken in 1962.  A group of Catholic altar boys looked excited and joyful  in the photo.  They were led by Rev Fr. Cheung (Back row, 2nd right) to the Abbey on Lantao Island.  They took a ferry from Hong Kong island to Lantao and climbed over several mountains to here.  They had cooked lunch in the mountain.  This is the record of my last visit to this abbey.  During my recent visit to this old place, I had a tinge of emotion that time flied and the environment changed except the building!  Can you recognize me in the photo?  Front row 2nd right.  Try looking at the 4 steps, the small crack on the left of the first step is still there!

這幀照片,約在1962年拍攝。仍記得是一班天主教的小輔祭,神情興奮,笑容滿面,由張神父(後排右二)帶領往大嶼山神樂院旅行。由香港乘船到梅窩,爬山到神樂院,中途在半山煮食野餐。這是我最後到此一遊的記錄,現重臨故地,正是「桃花依舊,人面全非」,不禁唏噓,時光的飛逝!認得我嗎?前排右二!細看四級石階,經過50年不變,第一級左面的裂縫仍歷歷在目哩

2 comments:

  1. Is the place in the photo you took on Lantau island last year the same as that in year 1962? I have that photo too. But I can't find anything matching in both photos. All things in Hong Kong change rapidly as time goes by. Anyway, hope to see you in coming November.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the first photo taken last year is the same place we were there in 1962. Pillars, steps and cracks are still there except that the place is now flourished with plants and trees!

      Delete