Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Flying back to Hong Kong 返港之行

My impression of an airport dated back to my childhood. I was residing at Nau Chi Wan Village, near today's Choi Hung Estate and adjacent to  Ngau Chi Wan Fire Station. At that time, Kai Tak Airport was located at Kowloon City. I spent my childhood and adolescence in the waiting hall of Kai Tak Airport for sightseeing, reading and doing school assignment. Airport impresses me as a place for departure and reunion happened to mankind.

In 1988 while I was emigrated to Canada, my sister embraced me and sobbed for our parting sorrow. In the past 5 years, I have been flying back to Hong Kong at least once a year to visit my aged mom and 2 sisters. This time, I have experienced the parting sorrow of the beloved one.

Photo equipment: iPhone 5 

我對機場的印像源於童年。當時家居牛池灣,即現在彩虹邨及牛池灣消防局位置的小村。當年的啟德機場座落在九龍城區。童年及青少年時代都喜愛到機場候機大堂瀏覽和閱讀課本。機場給我的印像是締造人間離合的地方。1988年移民加國,妹妹便擁著我哭泣,盡是離愁別緒。過去五年,我都會返港省親最少一年一次,探望年邁母親與兩位家妹。今年返港卻感到親人離別的傷痛!

The aircraft parking ground
停機坪

The artistic setup in the waiting area is eye-catching.
幾何型的室內裝飾吸引了我要駐足欣賞


Lights and shadows are important elements of interior design
光影的配合,也是室內設計重要的一環。

The AC015 to Hong Kong
返香港的加航A015班機


I was awaiting at the waiting area with my Thinktank Urban Shifter.
我獨自在候機室等候,我帶了盛載攝影器材的背包:Thinktank Urban Shifter

An aircraft flied over the bus terminal of the busy Hong Kong International airport.
繁忙的香港國際機場,飛機飛過機場巴士總站上空。


Click to open album 點擊打開照片集》

Click open to related album: "Reminiscences of the old Kai Tak Airport"》 
點擊相關照片集﹕ 「情繫啟德」》

4 comments:

  1. I like the perspective and geometry of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 多少岁月,期待着旧梦重聚,把根留住!谢谢分享!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to Canada at the same year.My parents are past away now.I moved to Hong Kong at 10 years old.I lived in hunger at 1961 when the Russian experts left China.I always think what went wrong in China.That is why I have profound interest in economics.Kelvin Mok

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best, and thanks for the update. I moved in Toronto already 20 years, I only flied back to HK one time 5 years ago, I know it has lots of change, so if you have time, take more photos & bring me back the memories.

    ReplyDelete