Wednesday, January 31, 2018

【Behind the photo】《Chilly and Super Moon》In Toronto, I drove 80 km north to Willow Beach for sunset photography. On arrival, it was -13°C, chilly like -20°C. The beautiful beach now all covered by snow. Cars and sleds were running on the frozen lake. Walking on the stone embankment, I felt bitter cold and my toes frozen tingling.
I could not bear my frozen stiff fingers to continue taking pictures. I retreated and hided myself in the car. It was 5:30pm on my way home and the sky was dark. Tonight is the once-in-a-century "Super Moon." The huge and bright moon was already hanging up. I parked aside on the back road to capture this super moon before hurrying home.
----------------------
【照片背後】《嚴寒與超級月亮》在多倫多驅車北上80公里往柳灘拍攝日落,扺達時氣温已達攝氏零下13度,連風速感覺有零下20度。原來美麗的湖濱,全被冰雪覆蓋,汽車及雪橇在結冰的湖面行駛。走上石堤,冰風冷冽,拍了幾張照片,感覺腳趾冰凍刺痛,手指僵硬難耐,祇有躲回車廂。回程才是下午5時半,天色已黑,今晚是百年一遇的「超級月亮」,明月高掛,停車郊野路肩,拍下明月繼續趕歸途。

Willow Beach was all covered with snow.
柳灘已全被冰雪覆蓋

Sunset on Willow Beach
柳灘夕陽

Cars were running on the frozen lake.
汽車在結冰湖面行走

The dike was covered with ice.
堤面結冰


Twilight on frozen Willow Beach
柳灘暮色

-13 C

Super moon hanging up on the back road.
郊野路上超級明月高高掛


No comments:

Post a Comment