Sunday, December 8, 2013

A makeup girl 化妝的女孩

【Behind the Image】
I have never seen the whole process of doing lady makeup. In an afternoon while I was riding the Mass Transit Railway in Hong Kong, I was able to watch a ten-minute makeup "show" performed by a girl who was standing beside me.

The show caught my attention as I saw her image reflected on the train window. She held a small mirror with her left hand and her right hand started applying face powder, using lipstick, eye-shadow, eye-liner, eyelashes clip and eyebrow pencil one after the other. During the journey, she stood quite stable, coherent, and quickly finished the makeup. The snapshot was taken by a compact Ricoh Digital GR3.

【照片背後】
我從來沒有看過女孩化妝的全部過程。在一個下午,我正在香港乘搭地下鐵路,一個女孩站在我身旁進行了10分鐘的化妝「表演」。該表演無意中吸引了我的注意,因為我在車窗見到她的影象。她左手拿著小鏡子,右手開始在臉上塗上粉底、加口紅、眼影,眼線、再用睫毛夾和眉筆。車行期間,她站得相當穩定,條理分明,快速地完成了化妝。照片是用小巧的麗確(理光)數碼相機GR3抓拍的。

༺༒༻
(Click photo for a larger view)


1 comment: