Sunday, March 13, 2016

Night view of Toronto Nathan Philips Square 多倫多彌敦菲獵廣場夜景

【Behind the Image】 "Night shots at the Toronto Nathan Philips Square": Owing to my illness and cold weather, I have not taken photographs in the past three weeks, but staying home as a "house-male". Temperature went up to 8°C last night. At 9, I went to Nathan Philips Square in front of the Toronto City Hall to take night photography. This is one of my first visits to the Square in Toronto back to twenty odd years ago when I settled in Toronto. I have not visited the Square in the last five years.
In 2015 Pan Am Games, the municipal government set up a column in the square  with color-dazzling "Toronto" letters, to attract visitors and the sign became a new landmark of Toronto. I have always thought of taking the new view in the square and my dream turned to reality this night. I used a fish-eye lens and slow shutter for all the night shots. Two of these shots were taken with my iPhone 6s for convenience.

-------------------------------------------
Photo equipment:
Nikon D300s with GP-1 GPS
Nikon AF 17-55 mm f/2.8
Nikon AF 10.5 mm f/2.8 fish-eye lens
iPhone 6s with 645 PRO app
-------------------------------------------

【照片背後】《多倫多彌敦菲獵廣場夜景》:已有三個星期未有出外攝影,身體抱恙,天寒地凍,祇做宅男。昨晚氣溫轉暖,攝氏零上八度。晚上九時走到多倫多市中心市政大樓前的彌敦菲獵廣場拍攝夜景。這是我二十多年前移民多倫多初訪的廣場,但在過去五年未有重遊。2015年泛美運動會期間,市政府在廣場設立色彩耀眼的「多倫多」英文標誌,吸引遊人,自此也成為多倫多新地標之一。我一直希望有機會拍下新地標,這晚圓夢。我用魚眼鏡頭及慢門拍攝,其中兩張照片則用「愛瘋6s」手機拍攝,取其方便。

༺༒༻
(Click photo for a larger view)

#1. A panoramic night view of the Nathan Philips Square in Toronto
多倫多彌敦菲獵廣場全景照

#2. Night sky is dark and floor icy white.  Three colorful beams dazzle over Toronto.
天幕黑,地雪白,三彩弦照屠龍都。

#3. Gazing at the Star light over the City Hall building
凝視市政大樓之星芒

#4. Midnight murmur
夜半無人私語時

#5. City light of the octopus
地市之光八爪魚

#6. Colorful sign of Toronto newly erected in 2015 Pan Am Games
2015泛美運動會設置的彩色多倫多標誌

#7. Beautiful night of Toronto
夜色多倫多

No comments:

Post a Comment